There are so many ways to style shoes, it’s tempting to have a million pairs. If you do, more power to you! Not everyone can afford a closet full of options. Owning these basics will allow you to easily dress for any occasion. Here are the essential shoes that every woman should have in her closet:
- Nude peep-toe pumps: Add length to any leg and show the world a fancy pedicure by wearing peep-toe pumps. Pair them with a pencil skirt or dress for a chic style with legs that look miles long.
- Black heeled boots: This staple is great for after-hours activities like date night or seeing a show. You will feel confident and fearless in this shoe option.
- Wooden platform sandals: These height-helpers are whimsical and summery. Choose a pair that have ankle straps for added stability. They are easy to wear with any outfit and can be worn to the beach and dinner.
- Black pumps: For shoes that are as adaptable as footwear can get, be sure to have some black pumps. They’re perfectly paired with a suit or a dress for a big meeting or a night out. Try a cap-toe pair with a different material on the toe, like leather or a metallic sheen, to add some flair.
- Suede booties: Add a touch of unexpected texture with heeled suede booties. Go open-toed for warmer weather and wear them with skinny or straight pants for a modern look. Or try them with a dress or skirt. Pick bright colored booties to bring attention to your legs.
- Black boots: These versatile shoes can be worn on any occasion. Try an over-the-knee pair for some edge. Shorties are great for everyday wear.
- Ballet flats: This wardrobe essential is a real winner. Have several pairs in fun hues to add a pop of color to dresses, skinny jeans, pants and more. These shoes can be worn with nearly every outfit and are especially welcome after a long day in heels. If you take public transportation to work, throw some ballet flats in your bag for the commute home!
- Sneakers: Try a canvas pair for a weekend-chic look. Athletic shoes are great for running errands and are super comfortable. Most offer arch support and will really feel good after a week of heels and unsupported flats!
- Leather sandals: From wandering about a new city on vacation to enjoying the local farmers market, these shoes are perfect for summer fun. They’re simple and versatile and come in so many styles, from bejewled and beaded to braided gladiators. There’s a pair for everyone.