Why and how to wear textured handbags
A woman’s purse is a sacred thing. It’s at once a beloved fashion accessory and a vital tool for carrying all of her day-to-day essentials. In fact, along with shoes, handbags are some of the most beloved accessories in women’s wardrobes. If you’re in the market for a new bag (aren’t we all?), you may want to get on board with one of the biggest purse trends of the last couple of years: textured handbags. Why? Well, here’s why we love textured handbags and how you can wear the trend:
Why we love textured handbags
There are two main reasons we can’t get enough of textured bags:
- They’re trendy: Trends come and go when it comes to fashion handbags, but this is one that’s likely to stay a while. Textured purses are one of fall’s top fads, with designers like Marc Jacobs and Saint Laurent introducing everything from fur to animal skin to studs on their runways. Textures are truly a look of the season.
- They’re visually interesting: However, it’s not just that they’re trendy – textured bags also have a unique style and one-of-a-kind visual appeal. If you’re wearing solid colors or plain fabrics, a purse with a fun and interesting texture is all you need to add some extra pizzazz to your look.
How to wear textured handbags
Looking for your first textured bag? Here are three tips for picking and wearing one you love:
- Know the texture style you’re going for: There are tons of textures you can choose between. If you’re looking for a more sophisticated bag, opt for something quilted or genuine leather. Leather handbags are both timeless and on-trend, which makes them amazing investments that you’ll be able to use for years. If you’d rather have something a bit more whimsical, opt for a tooled bag, which are typically leather with raised designs. Trying to find something that will make a bit more of a stylish statement? Perhaps you’d like a bag with snakeskin texture or rhinestones. No matter what you’re looking for, there are tons of texture options out there.
- Find the handbag style you want: Next, determine what style of handbag you’re looking for. Textured bags are versatile enough to be worn to the office, around town or even out in the evenings, so choose your bag based on what you need it for. A hobo or cross body bag is perfect for a more casual look while totes and fashion bags look sophisticated and professional.
- Know how to pair your bag: One of the things that makes textured handbags such great additions to wardrobes is that they pair well with a variety of different styles. While they add some extra visual flair to more basic looks, like jeans and tees or simple sheath dresses, they can also be worn with other patterns and textures. For example, pair a quilted bag with a tweed blazer to mix and match textures in your ensemble. Get creative – almost anything goes!
If you’re looking for a new purse, you can’t go wrong with choosing an interesting and trendy texture.