How to accessorize for spring
When the days begin to lengthen and the weather starts to warm, people everywhere breathe a sigh of relief: Spring is on the way! With spring comes brand new fashion trends, and this year they’re all about bold shapes and bright colors – and the accessories of the season are no exception.
Between jewelry, handbags and shoes, here’s how you can use accessories to celebrate the season:
Spring’s necklaces are a fun assortment of various lengths and styles, but there are a few common themes:
- Shorter necklaces: Statement necklaces are still very popular, but this season some are a little shorter than they have been in past years. Many designers rolled out choker-length necklaces, but others hung slightly lower, hitting right at the collarbone. This spring, wear an eye-catching short statement necklace with a scoop-neck blouse or a crew-neck tee.
- Pendants: Worn short or long, pendant necklaces are another huge jewelry trend this spring. Look for bold and colorful pendants or ones with cool metallic textures that add visual interest. Pendants look especialy great with a v-neck dress or paired with a cardigan.
- Bohemian beads: Colorful Bohemian patterns and beaded jewelry are also on-trend, seen in pieces like large necklaces, bangle bracelets and dangling earrings in an pretty array of primary colors. Wear bright jewelry with lightweight flowing fabrics for a cohesive look.
Earrings are an exciting way to show personal style, and designers seem to be encouraging that. From small and elegant to long and asymmetrical, this season’s earring trends run the gamut, which allows women to wear what they love. Use your earrings this spring to experiment with pops of color, since bright hues are what the season is all about. Wear bright blue Boho earrings with a black blazer at work, for instance.
If you love using handbags to make a statement, you’re in luck: This season’s purses are sure to be colorful, patterned, textured or all of the above! For work, look for a tote with brightly colored accents or patterned side panels for some subtle flair. On the days you want to carry a smaller purse, don’t be afraid to choose one in a vivid color that will look beautiful with any outfit.
After months of wearing boots, you might be happy to know that spring’s shoes are all about letting the foot breathe. Take a look at some of the top footwear trends this season:
- Flats: Wearing flats instead of heels is a big (and comfortable!) trend this season. Many designers rolled out flats with pointed toes and color-blocking patterns or funky straps. Wear your flats with any outfit you’d normally wear with heels, whether it’s a summery dress, or a blouse and trousers at work.
- Ankle straps: Ankle straps are becoming more popular with flats, heels and sandals. Ankle straps are perfect for all-day wear because they provide a little extra support to spring shoes, making them easier to walk around in.
Remember that accessories give you an opportunity to show individual style and creativity, so take advantage of all the bold colors and cool designs this season has to offer! Shop Accessories with a discount when you visit Monroe and Main’s Coupon Page!
Tell us about your favorite accessory! Comment below.