The packing list: Essentials for summer travel
The summer sunshine is just around the corner, and so is travel season. Whether you’re beach-bound or destined for a mountain spa, you know one thing: You’re going to look fantastic as you soak in the scenery in these essentials for summer travel.
You also know that summer travel means being relaxed and comfortable. Juggling too many bags is not a part of your itinerary. So, how do the most savvy minimalists pack a chic wardrobe without weighing themselves down?
Here’s a list of essentials to create more than a few sharp ensembles that won’t compromise convenience:
You really only need one. A lightweight fabric, such as a jersey knit or a wrinkle-resistance spandex, is less prone to wrinkling in transit – and really, who wants to iron while on vacation? You’ll get the most use out of a knee-length dress, which is appropriate for both day and evening, advised Real Simple.
Here’s where you’ll want to choose the largest variety of options. We suggest the following list:
1. A sheer cotton or linen tunic is breezy and stylish, and performs double duty as a swimsuit cover up! Two can easily fit into your carry-on.
2. Even in summer, evenings can get a little chilly. For temperature control, a linen blazer is a good thing to have on hand. It also dresses up any outfit should you find yourself dining by candlelight.
3. Camisoles are not only layering staples, they’re a must for travel. They claim the least room in your suitcase but give maximum versatility to all your other travel pieces. Changing the color of your foundation can give a whole new look to a tunic or cardigan worn twice in the same trip. If you prefer, a scoop neck tank looks just as stylish as a camisole and will keep you just as cool.
4. You definitely won’t want to travel without a summer-weight cardigan. Like the blazer, this is a piece that can help you dress up an outfit but also give you a little warmth if you need it. As a bonus, you can wear this on the plane instead of finding a place for it in your luggage.
One pair of well-fitting jeans can carry you through a whole week of travel. If you haven’t found a pair you’re head-over-heels in love with, don’t settle. Go shopping! It’s out there, that fabulous denim made just for you. When you do choose a pair for travel, opt for a dark rinse. The deeper hues are more polished and easily dress up or down, suggested Redbook.
Depending on your destination, jeans might be too warm an option. In this case, a long skirt is a comfortable alternative. You won’t overheat in a crepe fabric, which is fine enough for an evening dress.
You know that saying about accessories “making the outfit,” and travel-wear is no exception. These easily-stowed pieces offer near-endless possibilities for changing up your daily style.
1. A wide belt slims your silhouette and adds some drama to your curves, no matter your outfit. Pair a belt over a cardigan or under and open blazer for a metropolitan look. In addition to a match-everything color, consider a bringing a second belt that shows off bright colors or prints. With all the practicality behind packing, it’s good to have one daring piece!
2. A tote bag doesn’t have to be boring or plain. Stripes, metallics, florals and lovely leathers are among the choices for this must-have. Its roomy enough for your daytime needs, such as sunglasses and beach towels, and you can carry it with you during travel. You can even utilize some of its space for any suitcase overflow.
3. Finally, you’ll want to bring a small clutch or wristlet for your evenings out. If it suits your fancy, feel free to go for the fun pop of color.
Now get ready to go have some fun!
Shop for your summer essentials with a discount from Monroe and Main. Get your promocode on Monroe and Main Coupons Page.