TIPS ON HIDING HIPS & ADDING HEIGHT:
Meet Tammie, Development Analyst
“Although I have a balanced hourglass shape, my height can make me look out of proportion”
- Balance your body by bringing focus up to your torso by adding color or texture on top.
- Don’t wear tops that are too long and cover your tush, they only shorten your legs.
- If you carry your weight in your hips do not wear boot cut, wide leg or trouser fit pants will deemphasize the hip.
- We love pinstripes to visually lengthen your body. It forces the eye to look vertically, creating height.
- Play with different necklines, collars and embellishments to add visual interest around the face.
- The length of your tops and jackets should hit the top or middle of the hip to make it look smaller overall.
- Jackets should be well-seamed and nip at the waist or sit just on top of the hip for a proportionate look.
- A strapless dress is a great option for keeping the focus on the upper half of the body.
- An empire seam falls above the natural waist, creating the appearance of a short torso and longer legs.
See our other Shape Solutions:
- How to Camouflage Midsection/Hide Your Tummy
- How to De-Emphasize Your Bust
- How to Lengthen Your Torso