Shape Solution: Tips on camouflaging midsection
TIPS ON CAMOUFLAGING MIDSECTION:
Meet Lori, Systems Analyst
“I want a polished look that makes me feel good about my body, hides my tummy and plays up my best features.”
- Dresses show off your best assets like your legs, arms and shoulders. Not comfortable showing your legs? Try a pair of opaque black tights with black boots to make your legs seem longer.
- Look for empire styles with banded or ruched waistlines that sit higher than your natural waist, or the bottom of your ribcage. This will emphasize the smallest part of you and take the attention away from your midsection.
- Deep V’s or scoop necks raise the focus to your face and lengthen your neck making you seem longer and leaner.
- Try a fitted, yet slightly A-line dress or skirt to balance out your midsection.
- Pair slimming black with strategically placed blocks or lines of color to lengthen your figure.
- Babydoll tops are instant figure flatterers. They smooth curves and accentuate bustlines.
- Jackets are a great way to hide a midsection. Find a jacket with a lot of structure. Your body doesn’t have to have an hourglass figure, just your jacket.
- Wear tops that you can keep un-tucked.
- If your hips are smaller, you can get away with jackets or tops that fall just below the waist to jackets that hit mid-thigh. Longer jackets should also be structured with a curvy silhouette.
- The trouser pant is great for camouflaging bigger midsections because it adds some volume to your lower half and makes you look more proportional.
See our other Shape Solutions: